Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken and Noodles over Mashed Potatoes

After eating pizza for three days straight, I felt the need to feed my toddler something homemade, good for him and of course delish. This recipe I came up with is something the whole fam loves and a way to get a veggie and meat in my loved ones.



Very easy to make...

Cook your chicken just covered with water in a pot with a couple bay leaves for about 20 mins. Add carrots, minced onions and garlic and simmer another 20 mins. Take the chicken out and discard skin and bones (for any new cooks this is what gives it the most flavor). Chop chicken and return to pot. Add noodles, if you don't make homemade I prefer Rames frozen noodles, they taste close to homemade. Add salt and pepper to taste. Boil until liquid is reduced to a thick gravy and noodles are done. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Suggestions: You could add basil or rosemary of you like. I like to keep the favors simple so I don't. If you insist on using boneless, skinless chicken breasts you can add "Better Than Bouillon" or whatever chicken base you want to add flavor. I prefer to make my own broth so it has more of a homemade taste and less artificial. If the gravy is too thick add water or if it isn't thick enough mix a little flour with milk and slowly stir in, bring to boil, simmer for a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment